Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Chapter 6 - Duh!

MY QUESTION:
Duh!

Just when you think HE is talking to you and your skills are going to save your predicament, Duh!
We have no clue what HE has in store for us. Even with all of our kicking and screaming, it is HIS plan not our


Any thoughts?




Discussion: Duh!
Paul learned to quit "Kicking against the pricks" - but only after he was knocked on his keester - stripped of his authority... and blinded... (Talk about humbling) sometimes it takes the rest of us a bit longer... I have learned to stop praying "God ... please give me what I want" but rather "God...please make me WANT what you give"... - every now and then... "Duh" sums it up to a tee! I know what you mean :)
By Elisa P

Discussion: Duh!
Our lives are like a jigsaw puzzle and only God can see the completed picture. Thinking back over the years, I can remember so many times when I did my share of kicking and screaming and yet, looking back, I can see His hand at work in my life in every instance. If I'd had my way, my life now would be totally different and many of the blessings I enjoy would not exist. To coin the phrase from an old TV show, "Father knows best."
By Barbara P

Discussion: Duh!
It was just like when I got saved and I didn't even realize at the time that the HOLY SPIRIT was preparing me for the day that I accepted CHRIST by putting other new CHRISTIANS around me and making me wonder why am I here. I knew it was not just for me to have a good time but I was still searching for the why until I met JESUS on Jan. 18th 1975 on a Saturday night in Lumberton, NC at a church that I don't remember the name or what the sermon was about but I know that I met JESUS that night and it has been a tremendous life of up and down times and most of the down times where my fault because of me kicking and screaming saying I want to do it this way and then after I got into a mess then I asked GOD to help me.
My best and worst skill is my tongue, it has helped lead people to CHRIST and it has also hurt peoples feeling when I said things that I thought that they should hear and then ended up hurting instead of helping. GOD has been very patient with me over the years and HE is still very very patient with me through the last thirty years.
By Mike P

No comments:

Post a Comment