Thank you GOD, but…
Thank you GOD, but why me? I have had
bouts of sin in my past that could be considered the size of the Grand Canyon.
I am the last person that can throw a stone in a glass house. Why me? Well
guess what? When I stopped trying to figure out why, or let go of trying to
figure it out, the more he worked me.
GOD
Bless GOD, not me!
Every
one of my past faults has been used to help others on the different shores that
I am washed up on. Without me trying or being an example of how low can you go!
There was no way that I had the strength to assist or even turn around a life
as bad off as I had made my life. I just wanted to hide and be ashamed of what
I had done.
HE
gave me the strength to be of assistance, when worldly I could not!
Thank
you GOD for using me! Any thoughts?
Discussion: Thank you GOD, but…
This verse just came to me: "For God sent not
his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him
might be saved." - John 3:17
I frequently heard: God is not shocked we sinners’
sin. I believe God is more concerned about our attitude toward our
imperfections than not living up to His standard 24/7 as nobody can reach that
until we all get to Heaven.
Yet I really think being aware of our sins pleases
God instead of being aware of the great saying and excuse: "nobody is
perfect". I think he's more pleased every time we ask Him to forgive and
walk the talk, as we try our best effort to be more like Him than giving
ourselves an excuse I'm not perfect. I think He simply desires for us to
diligently seek improvement in every area of life to bring him glory and honor
and to be excellent for Him. So I believe recognizing that no one is perfect is
understandable. But, constantly using the imperfection as a motto in life
simply shows no sign of humbleness and remorse, rather very prideful. The devil
likes to remind us what a sinner we are. The hardest part for each of us to
live by is to just say Thank You God, no but, because all things are brand new
in Christ. We all need to learn to fix our eyes on the Cross, not ourselves the
sinners, otherwise we made Christ died in vain and will never be set free. The
trick is stop looking at and thinking about "self" too much.
"It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not
consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great
is thy faithfulness." - Lamentations 3:22-23
God bless-
By P, Flore F
Discussion:
Thank you GOD, but…
Romans 5:8, "But God demonstrated His own love
for us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."
“God's love was not exhausted - it was proved at the
cross.”
By Daniel Judson
Discussion:
Thank you GOD, but…
Perhaps the words of the apostle Paul might help here:
here is a trustworthy sayings that deserves full acceptance Christ Jesus came
in the world to save sinners of whom I’m the worst... this can be found in one
or two timothy can’t remember which one now. Hope it helps :-) God bless you
:-)
By Anil K
Discussion:
Thank you GOD, but…
First, being a Christian is by grace thru faith.
This is not achieved by ourselves, nor of works, so our deeds though may change
from good to bad does not affect our Christian status. John said, "He who
says he does not sin is a liar." This life is not where we reach
perfection, but a training ground for the perfect state. I believe we should
strive against sin, but sinless here will not happen. I have sin in my life I
must kill which leaves me no time to judge others. LOL. Thanks mark...
By Mark B
Discussion:
Thank you GOD, but…
"His power is made perfect in our
weakness!" (2 Cor 12:9)
Blessings!
By John R
Discussion:
Thank you GOD, but…
As I read you're post, John, I could not help but
think of Paul who killed Christians before his conversion. Look how God used
him!!!!!!!!!! There are people who think I say too much about my personal life
but I don't think this life is my own anymore and I no longer have anything to
be shame of. If it helps someone else grasp the transforming love of God, I
tell people the truth. He can, change even a wretch like me onto something
beautiful in his eyes.
By Gail P
Discussion:
Thank you GOD, but…
Yes John. When we are born again our past life no
longer exists, except... to be used for good.
When our life is suddenly shining in Christ's light
and every corner is highlighted, we squirm and want to hide from it, good, this
shows repentance. But He will then use our past to assist those He wants to
help, it's His way. We are not an island, we are all connected and without the
right experiences, we cannot know what someone is going through.
A few years ago, my life took a radical turn which
caused me to spend more time in the secular world. I began to see that even
those outside of the church have warmth and love in them and are able, and do,
assist other human beings.
God will use whom he chooses, both in and out of the
church. Be open and listen and act when prompted, there is someone for everyone
in every situation.
Be blessed.
By Dee D
Discussion:
Thank you GOD, but…
This is great John I never thought of it that way
but it sure hits home for me. Great writing! Peggy
By Peggy B
Discussion:
Thank you GOD, but…
Thank you for posting that, it is very encouraging.
It reminds me that there ARE other imperfect HUMAN BEINGS out there. I get down
on myself for menial nonsense. I mess up in front of others, and Satan tries to
worm in with, “See, you are not a Christian. You are not following Jesus".
Chip Ingram, "Living on the Edge", said in a broadcast that he once
told God, “I can't do it...", and He said, "Good. Now that YOU see
that, let Me do it".
By Jedediah M
Discussion:
Thank you GOD, but…
1 Corinthians 1:25 For the foolishness of God is
wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26 For consider your calling, brothers: not many of
you were wise according to worldly standards,[c] not many were powerful, not
many were of noble birth. 27 But God chose what is foolish in the world to
shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; 28 God
chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring
to nothing things that are, 29 so that no human being[d] might boast in the
presence of God. 30 And because of him[e] you are in Christ Jesus, who became
to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption, 31 so
that, as it is written, “Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.”
By Barbara P
Discussion:
Thank you GOD, but…
John you have an excellent post. Thank you for
sharing.
By Clay N
Discussion:
Thank you GOD, but…
I was stripped of everything for my sins but Jesus
has carried me on his back, thank you Jesus, thank you Holy Spirit, thank you
God
By Stephen H
Discussion:
Thank you GOD, but…
I have the same thoughts about my life. I have made
so many poor choices and the consequences to those choices could have been
severe for me and those around me. Yes, I have “suffered” consequences to my
choices I also know that some of the consequences could have been/should have
been much more drastic. Why did God choose to spare me from the harsher
consequences of my poor choices? Well, I don’t know the answer to that. I do
believe that God’s grace saved me from myself, my poor choices, and has blessed
me with more good than I could have imagined. When I’m not focused on my
“problems” I know that God has a purpose for me and that I can trust Him to get
me where He wants me. I thank God for the work that he has done in my life
though I could do much better even at that.
By Steve M
No comments:
Post a Comment