I need help on the scripture.
There is some scripture that says do not
put someone down at your own benefit using humor. Can anyone help me out with
this? Where is it?
Discussion: I need help on the scripture.
Here's a few that deal with disability (taken from
http://theworksofgod.com/2010/05/29/old-testament-reminders-that-god-cares-about-disability/)
You shall not curse the deaf or put a stumbling
block before the blind, but you shall fear your God: I am the Lord. (Leviticus
19:14)
I create, intentionally, some who will live with a
disability (Exodus 4:11).
I appoint some to protect those who are vulnerable
because of their disability (Proverbs 31:8).
I remind you that what a blind person cannot see or
a deaf person cannot hear, I will both see and hear. If you are tempted to
abuse someone with a disability, fear the one who will repay all wrongs done to
them (Leviticus 19:14, Deuteronomy 32:35, Hebrews 10:30-31).
Posted by Edie G
Discussion:
I need help on the scripture.
Here's a few:
2 Kings 2:23-24 from there Elisha went up to Bethel.
As he was walking along the road, some youths came out of the town and jeered
at him. “Go on up, you baldhead!” they said. “Go on up, you baldhead!” 24He
turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of
the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the
youths.
2 Chronicles 36:16 but they continually mocked the
messengers of God, despised His words and scoffed at His prophets, until the
wrath of the LORD arose against His people, until there was no remedy.
Psalm 31:18 Let the lying lips be mute, which speak
arrogantly against the righteous With pride and contempt. (NASB ©1995)
Here's some that deal with not putting others down,
whether it be with humor or otherwise.
Mathew 7:12 so in everything, do to others what you
would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.
Philippians 2:3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition
or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than you.
Romans 2:8 But for those who are self-seeking and
who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger.
Romans 12:10 be devoted to one another in brotherly
love. Honor one another above yourselves.
Galatians 5:26 let us not become conceited, provoking
and envying each other.
Colossians 3:12 therefore, as God's chosen people,
holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility,
gentleness and patience.
1 Peter 3:8 finally, all of you, live in harmony
with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and
humble.
New International Version ©1984 by
Posted by Edie G
Discussion:
I need help on the scripture.
Proverbs 18:21
Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and
those who love it will eat its fruits.
Ephesians 4:29
Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but
only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give
grace to those who hear.
Ephesians 5:4
Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor
crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving.
Proverbs 26:18-19
Like a madman who throws firebrands, arrows, and
death is the man who deceives his neighbor and says, “I am only joking!”
John 19:3
They came up to him, saying, “Hail, King of the
Jews!” and struck him with their hands.
Posted by Emerson L. F Jr.
Discussion:
I need help on the scripture.
This one I think says things the best.
New International Version (©1984)
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your
mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their
needs, that it may benefit those who listen.
Posted by Jim M
Discussion:
I need help on the scripture.
That falls under "Do not judge least you be
judged." And the commandment Thou shall not bear false witness. I think
those two cover it.
Posted by Anthony R, Ph. D.
No comments:
Post a Comment