Why?
Why is listening to GOD a very difficult
thing? All of a sudden there are voices that sound like HIS.
However they
are not HIS and full
of lies!
Lies that will put you on the wrong path!
My question is how do we know the right
voice?
Please,
I need your input!
Regards,
John
Discussion: Why?
Hearing from God is a process that grows with
consist relationship with Him. As you read His word, and obey His word as well
as spending time in His presence through meditations of His word, worship and
prayers. You will gradually get use to His voice. As you encounter Him time in
the course of these events.
His voice will over rule other voices due to your
relationship with Him. And you will be able to identify His voice. For it
written My sheep hear my voice. Besides, He speaks to you each time you are
reading His word.
By Apostle Uchechi Jane E
Discussion:
Why?
John I would love to hear how you are progressing to
identify the voice of God from the lairs' voices. If we learn to listen and
hear God's voice, when not in sleep the better and we stand to rebuke these
liars in dreams. I will share with you a real situation. I advocate eradication
of ritual cleansing intercourse of widows in my community. Widows confess being
tormented in dreams having intercourse with the dead husbands until they
succumb to ritual cleansing intercourse. Once God consciousness is awakening in
their souls they are able to rebuke the dark entities in dreams in these words:
''You are not my husband. You are the devil. I have nothing to with you.' The
widows further say the devil owns up once discovered saying: ''I am going.''
The widows then let go off ritual cleansing
intercourse and are able to wage life self-defense against the lairs. .
By Christine O
Discussion:
Why?
Thanks John, this is humble quest worth of a person
who believes in God. It takes quiet sometimes of committed practice. Everyday
get yourself a quiet place , Light a candle set your mind to hear from God,( if
you believe in ) and saints and angels Be still and invite Him to speak to you.
Remember God respects our free will and has to be invited; you will overcome
the voices of lies, distractions and discouragements. Keep on!
By Christine O
Discussion:
Why?
I can tell you truly that without God, I won't be
here today. My story will proof that how I survived.
http://www.amazon.com/Miracle-Boy-ebook/dp/B00BEM0V3E
Thomas
By Thomas H
Discussion:
Why?
My testimony will fit this question. When LORD began
speaking to me with dreams and visions, many commented that it may be from
devil. I asked the HOLY SPIRIT to guide. The only answer that the LORD gave me
was "tree is judged by its fruits". This counsel of the LORD has
helped me greatly. Since then, I constantly judged my fruits critically and
sensibly. Our fruits must align with the Holy Scriptures of the Bible.
We need a spirit of discernment to recognize the
good fruit, not intellectually like Pharacies, but like disciples: who
dependent on the counsel of the HOLY SPIRIT with a pure humble heart. A good
tree cannot bear a bad fruit and a bad tree cannot bear a good fruit. This is
how we can differentiate between voices.
Blessings for all!
By Iris N
Discussion:
Why?
That's a good one Thomas. I'd also recommend the
Mark Virkkler's resources and this link is to his webpage where some free
resources are listed.
http://www.cwgministries.org/Four-Keys-to-Hearing-Gods-Voice
This is an essential question for today with deception
rampant from both inside and outside of the church. The voice of evil can sound
so good and bee very alluring so learning to discern God's voice is critical
lest we be deceived.
I'd love to see more comments here, including
personal accounts of how others have dealt with this issue. If you have been
deceived at some point, what happened to help you learn God's truth?
By Barbara P
Discussion:
Why?
1. Does it directly send you to the Word of God?
2. In sending you to the Word of God does what you
draw from it line up with the rest of the Word of God?
Remember, God is not the author of confusion, if
what you seem to be hearing flies directly in the face of the Word of God's
testament then it's incorrect. If; however, it is backed up by the Word then it
is likely God speaking.
Now, there are the times when the World the Flesh
and The Devil will try to twist the Word of God to their own ends Remember the
serpent said "Hath God said...?" Then bring it before others who are
mature in the faith and see if they can concur that is from the Lord.
By Ajay P
Discussion:
Why?
The only way I know to differentiate the voices is
to take every thought captive and compare it to what the Bible says. Once what
you believe God has told lines up with His Word and begin to operate in it. He
will steer you in the right direction. I believe the last thing we should do is
stand still and do nothing for want of exact information. His grace is
sufficient and His power is made perfect in our weakness. (Read that in the
bible once)
Like Gary said, "precede in faith," God
will do the rest. My two cents...
Blessings!
By John R
Discussion:
Why?
Psalm 46:10 Be still and know that I am God.
By Rob F, FCLA
Discussion:
Why?
John, you take what you are hearing right back to
Him ask Him what is truth ask Him for confirmations and when you have gotten a
confirmation then you do what He says.
By Cindy F
Discussion:
Why?
Although this doesn’t involve voices, it does
involve understanding some things God may be trying to tell or show us. This is
only one observation I have made; I’m sure there are many, many more that other
folks will chime in with.
To the best of my knowledge, every time in the Bible
when God answers prayer the end result is never revealed until it happens. The
direction and the leading are shown as necessary; but we follow because our
faith is in Him; and He will take us to the right places at the right time. One
example is Moses following God’s directions in leading the children out of
Egypt. Moses and his followers were never shown the Promised Land before they
started on their journey. They only saw it after they got there. Unfortunately
Moses never did see it; but that’s another story.
Satan, on the other hand, explicitly shows the end
result before you ever even start. He did this to Eve and also tempted Christ
in the same way.
So my point is this, if you are looking for direction
or answers from God, if you can see the end results before you even start, I
would certainly be questioning the source of the answers. However, if all you
see are directions and/or opportunities without the end results and they line
up with the Word of God, then I would proceed in faith.
By Gary H
Discussion:
Why?
My sheep hear my voice. Couldn't be much clearer!
By Jim S
Discussion:
Why?
Take a look at this:
http://www.allaboutprayer.org/how-do-you-know-god-is-speaking-to-you-faq.htm
By Thomas S
No comments:
Post a Comment