Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Chapter 3 - Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?

MY QUESTION:
Can GOD speak to us
through
our dreams?


I have been placed in a very difficult situation trying to help a person who is possessed by the wrong side. This person who has cursed two of the BIG 3, but not the Holy Spirit.
Yet! I have been placed in a situation that has become verbally abusive, threatening, and has turned physical. Yet, I have not been told by the All Mighty to brush off the dust on my sandals and walk away.

Today, during some of the worst parts of this abuse, I got to take a nap. I had two dreams during that nap that could have only come from GOD. He gave me an incredible sense of peace and a positive resolution to the worldly situation.

He is going to send people to my aid. He has given my patience strength! 

Does this happen to anyone else?

Blessings, John




Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
God has answered my prayers through dreams. I remember those dreams and the messages.
By Sherrie S

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
Of course yes, God speaks through dreams. He spoke to Joseph through dream in Gen. 37:5.
By Apostle Uchechi Jane E

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
Yes God does speak to people in dreams. Thus far God has spoken to me in dreams pertaining to Ministry and to my personal life.
By David C (Pastor)

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
Oh and through the fivefold ministry and the other of the nine gifts I didn't mention.
By Paul B

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
God speaks through dreams, visions, prophesy, tongues and interpretation, his Word, lip to ear, vindicating with signs wonders and miracles, the human conscience, angels, whirlwind, pillar of fire, donkeys, giant fish. Ya, the lines of communication are definitely open on his part, yet we seem to always refuse to listen. Shame on all of us.
By Paul B

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
I have had many meaningful dreams, some for me personally and some concerning the church. And I often have visions as well. Sometimes it takes a while before the interpretation is clear or even fully revealed, and sometimes it is immediately clear. Sometimes it takes one or two other people to make the interpretation complete. But God does definitely speak through dreams. He has revealed things through my dreams at times that were key in understanding a situation at church. It does seem, though, that there are people who dream on a regular basis while others receive dreams from the Lord only occasionally. I'm sure He has His reasons though we may never understand it.
By Diane S

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
Yes, God has spoken to me through dreams. Quite a few years ago, I had 3 dreams that I remembered very well, which is unusual since I don't remember dreams that much. They were all about houses that we had lived in or were living in. In each house, the inside was way bigger than actual. They all had 2 stories and more rooms. I took the interpretation to mean that there was more in me that needed to come out, that I could be used for God more. And things happened and I got much more involved with church related things.
Recently, I have had a couple of dreams that were clear also. One was about my Mother (who died several years ago) and explained why she did some of the things she did and it made sense.
I wish I would get more dreams as answers to what I have been asking Him though..
By Jane M

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
Yes, He does. I believe they can be interpreted through the Spirit. Some have literal interpretation, some are opposite of what will happen, some symbolic of what will happen.
By Bess O

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
I can say that I have personally experienced God speaking to me through a dream. It was before I became a Christian. I was engrossed in a partying lifestyle and feeling pretty lousy about it. One night, I had a dream that I was at a party and there were two men trying to dance with me. I could sense their evil. One was tall and thin and the weaker of the two. In the dream, I kept saying, "Satan, I rebuke you in the name of Jesus." Something my brother (a lifelong Christian) told me to do when I was scared as a little girl. I kept saying that and he went away. The next man (shorter and stronger) came to dance with me. I kept saying that, but the dream ended in mid-dance.
I woke up wondering what that was all about. It was so real to me. Later that day, it was revealed to me that, "You're dancing with the devil and you have a choice -- you can go one way, or the other."
I went to church the next day where I met a man who is now my husband. We've been in a Christian marriage for 17 years.
By Debra D

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
Yes, I know God speaks to us within dreams… I have been encouraged through dreams. When I was ill with heart disease, God gave me healing scriptures magnified for me over and over and over and over and over… until I was able to see. Seeing for me at that particular time aided me to realize that HE is a Great God and is able to anything above what I could ever think or “see”.
God will come through for you because He is the only One who is able to supply all of your needs according to HIS riches in glory through CHRIST JESUS! Believe in God to come through for you! Stay in expectation, no matter what. I AM THAT I AM does speak through dreams … JUST Remember Joseph!
By Kimberly V. P

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
Sounds like you may be dancing with the devil John!
As has been stated above, the Bible has many examples of God speaking to humans through their dreams. My experience has always been that God answers prayer. It may not be the answer we are looking for but he does answer, and in his own way and his own time. We, sometimes are delayed in receiving that answer, and probably because it was not the one we sought or hoped for. But rather you perceive receiving His Word through dreams or during/following prayerful meditation the "incredible since of peace and a positive resolution to the worldly situation" you speak of is, to me, evidence that you received His Word.
My advice to you in this situation would be to maintain an open dialogue of “prayer without ceasing” during this endeavor and keep your receptors attune for the word of God. The “wrong side” you speak of is a slippery and mischievous slope that has brought many a good man down, so question the harmony of what you hear to what you’ve learned from reading the Bible. And trusted counsel is always good advice when you’re not sure. But find strength in the knowledge that if you fall God is always there to pick you back up!
Be sure to keep Christ as the Lord of the Dance and the dance can still be fun, even if the devil is in attendance.
By Paul T

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
I am not sure if it is God or the enemy. Unfortunately my dreams ended up true and I wake up in a sweat. For instance I had a dream that I was on the beach in Florida with my parents and a tidal wave came on shore and picked us up. My mom was okay, I was barely moving and my dad was dead. Several months later we were in a car accident. My dad was dead, I was in a coma for 10 days, and my mom had broken bones. I came out of a coma the day they buried my dad and at the time of the funeral he came to me (I thought it was real) and told me to wake up my brother was in the room.
Sure enough one brother was in my room and my other brother was at the funeral. My mom was in the next room.
By Sharon T

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
In looking back on times that I have been in similar situations and during those times the ability to properly discern those situations. I found It was a good idea to put a couple of very wise people around me and trust that counsel. Sometimes In the middle of extreme trials the enemy will use over analysis to render our judgment ineffective.
Please understand that I truly believe God gives dreams, some for our interpretation and some for others to discern.
By Andrew C

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
John: I get ya! I have VERY unlovable friends, relatives and family, and the Lord keeps bringing MORE, so that we can show HIS love and HIS grace to them. Get used to it as it's going to get "worse".
My life has been in constant trials for many YEARS and it never stops, and i keep interceding, pouring out what HE pours out to me, getting new miracles more and more because i NEED them, CLAIM them and believe in them more and more. People are going to have to make a "decision" and soon. Keep pouring out testimonies of His love
LOVE has a hertz note of 528 (remember tuning forks) and genetic scientists use the 528 hz note to HEAL BROKEN DNA! Ask for more and pour it OUT!
In Him
Lisa
http://www.thehealingsource.org
http://www.lionsgatebookdesign.com
By Lisa H

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
Amen!
By Barbara P

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
Your point about not taking for granted how Good speaks to us is vital! We must stay hungry and attentive in order to hear Him in whatever way He speaks. And one last point... When it is really of God, it WILL line up with His Word. They are both of Him!
By Gail P

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
Well said Gail!!! There are all kinds of dreams--the ones from God, the ones from the enemy that are false, the "pizza dreams" because you ate too much, etc. So we must be discerning and learn to sort them out.
You also bring up another great point--not expecting God to speak in dreams all the time. I've noticed that, in my life at least, he is rarely consistent for long periods of time in the way He speaks to me. Maybe He like to keep me listening so I don’t take Him for granted. As far as dreams go, one year I wrote down a dream almost every day throughout the entire year. Then the next year rolled around and they were rare, and my dream journal was practically empty. At the moment, it varies from lots to none almost weekly.
We need to learn to hear His voice in whatever way He chooses to speak--dreams and visions, a still small voice, a "feeling" or sense of something, through His word, and on and on.
By Barbara P

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
I love when the Scriptures tell us something God did at a particular time because it makes it clear to us that if He did it once, He can do it again if He chooses. So in general, it's fair to say that God speaks to us in dreams. To assume, though, that He always will only set us up for disappointment when He doesn't. I personally had two times when I was completely sure the Lord came to me in a dream. One was during a stressful time in my marriage to my late husband. We were distant for a while struggling through this difficult time. I had a dream one night that I was asleep and my pastor came in, sat on the edge of the bed, and leaned over to give me a kiss. I was (in my dream) shocked, thinking, 'What's he doing in here?" But when he actually kissed me on the forehead, I realized it looked like my pastor but it was really Jesus. I realized He allowed me to see Him as someone who at the time represented Jesus to me.
Another time shortly after my late husband and step son died (step son died two months after my husband). The two significant losses in our family put a strain on us that was, for a season, tearing us apart. One night when I was at a peak of distress, I had a dream that included a chaotic scene of my family running around all over the place. I was watching the scene and thinking, "What am I going to do with all this?” Suddenly my late husband was in front of me. He asked me, "How are you doing with all this?" I said, "Not very well." He then took my shoulders, turned me around, and said, "Let’s walk." My late husband taking walks. He would never have had a dialog like that with me. I knew when I woke up, it only looked like Vinnie but in fact it was Jesus, again allowing me to see Him as someone who represented Him in my life.
To answer the question about dreams in a black and white answer is not appropriate. There's the danger of thinking we see or hear Jesus in every dream and taking the dream matter in our own hands and our own interpretation--a dangerous place to go! Yet, we cannot ignore that the Lord can, if He chooses, speak to us in a dream. Then again, there are many other ways He speaks to us--the bible, other believers, and sometimes circumstances. The only advantage to discerning if God can, will or does speak to us in dreams is that we know he can, will or has and not imagine that he's doing it every night we're asleep. We also can't ignore the other ways He speaks to us. Being quiet of spirit and watchful to see Him at work all around us will help us hear Him in all the ways He chooses to speak to us throughout the day-and sometimes at night too!
By Gail P

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
I find it interesting that you say "two of the three" when the Bible says there is only one. For example in Isaiah 9:6 the Bible speaking of Jesus clearly tells us that he is "the almighty God, and the Everlasting Father". And Jesus speaking to Philip said "when you see me you see the Father". And when he spoke to the Pharisees he said "before Abraham was I AM". But what is Blaspheming the Holy Ghost? Jesus told us it is when you see a miracle of God and say it is of the devil. So to hear of a healing, speaking in tongues etc., signs wonders and miracles that God does, and to say it is of the devil writes us off.
By Paul B

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
Here's a short generational prayer I wrote that I use with groups when I teach dream interpretation. I've had positive feedback and would love to hear if anyone here prays it and has notice any difference.
Prayer: I renounce and repent for myself and my entire generational line for all of us who ever discounted or ignored our God-given dreams. I repent for all of us who have said, “I never dream,” or “God doesn’t speak through dreams.” I repent for all of us who have discouraged and shut down the dreams of others, especially our children. I repent for all of us who have believed and received in any way false dreams or dream interpretations from evil. I now break all self-curses I have made in regard to dreams and in the name of Jesus I command all dream blocking spirits to leave me and go to the feet of Jesus. I also now command fear of dreaming and all deception, including religious spirits and false prophecy, to leave me and go to the feet of Jesus. Lord Jesus, will you now close all of the ungodly gates that have been opened against my dreams and open the gates of righteousness—I invite you to come into my dreams and to speak your truth into my heart. And will you also increase my discernment and teach me to interpret dreams. Lord Jesus, your promise, recorded in John 14:26, states, But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you. Will you now, please fulfill that promise in my life in regard to dreams and visions?
By Barbara P

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
Hey John, I get dreams all the time and upon awaking, I ask the Lord what the interpretation is. I get visions during my worship time also. The more time you spend in His presence and ASK Him to show you, He will, as the Lord himself taught in "word pictures" and it's so helpful in learning to grasp a concept.
I ask for STRATEGY all the time and that's when I get the most visions and IMPRESSIONS on what He's trying to show me at any given moment! Thank you LORD!
By Lisa H

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
Yes. BUT, the dream should ALWAYS be weighed against the Scripture, and "put to the test." Dreams or "a word from God" will never contradict the Word. Relying on a dream for direction can prove to be as flakey as our emotions. And you want to make sure that you are not testing God either. God's Word is better than a dream because it is consistent and we don't have to doubt its validity.
By Sarah K

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
Hello John,
My name is Michelle (Nellis' daughter). After reading your post, I am led to make some comments. One - God definitely can communicate with you through dreams (read more about Joseph and Daniel).
Concerning the individual you are attempting to help. Never under estimate the power of intercession. If you need more information on the power of praying in the Spirit - there are plenty of books that will delve into it and show you scripture on the importance and power.
Also, concerning Deliverance Ministry, I would allow God to train you first and that means getting all the knowledge that you can so that you can be effective in setting His people free. Study and show yourself approved.
Seek wise counsel. Does your church have a Deliverance Ministry team? Is there one locally?
Also, Jesus told the disciples that some spirits only come out through prayer and fasting.
Oh yeah . . . Ephesians 6 concerning the whole armor of God - understand it and use it because the enemy seeks to devour those who have lack of knowledge. Therefore, get trained for your journey and know beyond a doubt that Christ is victorious through you.
Michelle
By NELLIS C

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
God has spoken to me through dreams and visions before, some as a refreshing affirmation of His presence and hand on my life, but others as a warning. It has always been right when I needed it too! There were days when I needed to hear from God on a matter, and he spoke through a dream. Either way, when God speaks, you know it will bear good fruit.
By Nick B

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
I wish I could say that I'm still seeing visions (Joel 2:28), but like Thomas (above), I rarely remember my dreams! So, I guess I'm still in transition!!! (And, I'm staying with that.)
By John B. T

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
YES John, The Lord God talks to us in our dreams. Remember when I had the pulmonary embolism last summer and you and Calvin wanted to drive to Tampa from Macon? I said it wasn't necessary. Just pray for me over the phone. Of course He healed me. There is no evidence in the lung that I ever had an embolism-no damage whatsoever!! Praise Him. But remember, the Lord would just put me to sleep every morning after I had read Hebrews 1?
And then in my dream He would explain it and the Trinity? I literally saw it all! Including the creation of the baby Jesus as He was separated from the Father (His Spirit literally pulled from the Father's chest) wrapped in flesh and thrust down to earth as if He were a spear or on a spear with the Holy Spirit as a Dove diving down behind Him, sent to merge inside of Mary, the Immaculate Conception. I watched it and understood it for the first time!
This was Holy God dividing or putting a part of Himself into another Human Being to create a Person fully God and fully man.
I listened and watched carefully and then shared it on my blog and with my pastors and with others who have had questions about God and the Trinity-which is why He equipped me so well! That is exactly what our Lord is doing for you equipping you!
Take all He would give you as He knows what your need is and He will give you the words to say Matt. 26:2610
By Cindy F

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
Dreams have always been part of God's way of speaking to us; the Bible is replete with examples. Other have given you some resources, I think also importantly is the suggestion of covering for you, get some prayer support team if you have intercessors at your local church get them involved. There are people who are experienced at spiritual deliverance finding resources there would be helpful.
By Aimee A

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
Dreams are great!
If you want to learn how to understand them, try one of these: http://www.streamsministries.com/pages/understanding-dreams-visions;
(if UK / Scandinavia based): http://www.northatlanticdreams.net/nstreams/
By John M

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
Amen to you John. Ya know when I started writing I had a trouble with it for one I am dyslexia and really can't spell very well but something just would not let me quit so I pushed on. I continue to go forth and in of the first thing I wrote was "Human Faith vs. Spiritual Faith" http://thegospelexpress.blogspot.com/2011/05/human-faith-vs-spiritual-faith.html and I started see how God was going to guide me through this life with the trouble in hand so here I am so many moons later still going so I would say never let your God grad down for any reason and stand strong for your is in God's hands and we know He would never let you down. God bless and thank you all for shearing and allowing me to speak mostly allowing this old man learn from you
By Rev. Samuel M, OMS

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
Praise God for what He is doing and that you are a willing vessel to be used for His glory. God will provide you with the strength to endure. Continue to faithfully step out in obedience, for when you do, God will do His part.
I also have had several dreams....
I will keep you in my prayers...
Blessings,
Brenda
By Brenda D

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
Definitely not nuts!!!
I've heard from others of similar experiences in which they were repeatedly successful and repeatedly hit bottom and lost everything when they kept doing things their own way. They too reached a point of total surrender before their lives turned around. Keep standing in your faith for there's one thing certain--the Lord is not going to drop you! And stay tuned in here if you can, giving us updates, because I'm sure a lot of our group members are praying for you.
By Barbara P

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
God definitely speaks through dreams. He also speaks through that "Still small voice", that "Not so small 'still small voice", through other obedient servants, and many other ways. He also has people interpret dreams. I have done it on occasion, but it has been a very, very long time. This is not an advertisement to do so. There have been far more dreams that I just heard the story of than hearing and understanding.
By Patrick B

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
John,
I was just reading this morning Acts 16. Paul and Silas came up against a demon possessed slave girl who was a fortune teller. Paul cast out the demon from the girl which led the Paul and Silas being badly beaten and thrown into jail. Once they were in jail they began to pray and sing God praises. The other prisoners were listening. Then an earthquake and the chains fell off and the doors opened. The jailer thought that they had all escaped. But Paul and Silas remained. The jailer and his entire family were saved.
I think that there is a lot God will show you from this passage concerning your current situation. What He would like me to point out is the chain of events that needed to take place so that those He wanted to save could be. Also the pain that his disciples endured and how they responded afterwards. Hope this is helpful.
By Matthew S

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
Yes -- just follow how he is awakening people in Iran and Iraq with dreams and visions.
Pastor Tom Doyle wrote a book in 2012 called "Dreams and Visions", he spent eleven years as a full-time missionary in the Middle East and Central Asia, spreading the word of Jesus Christ. He documented their stories and it will amaze you. Jesus is reaching out to the Muslims and they are responding. Did you know that Iran has the fastest growing church in the world? --> I did not know that.
By Jackie J

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
I believe we all have spiritual gifts. This is one of mine I have no doubt. He spoke to Daniel, now that we have the Holy Spirit, He really can talk to us and guide us. The problem I am having is the dream quickly is taken from me before I can interpret it. When it does stay in my memory bank, the dream was spot on.
By Randall P

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
I especially pay attention to the recurring dreams
By Kathryn L

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
God absolutely speaks to us through your dreams. There is a message in all of them.
By Kenneth Jacob B

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
He spoke to all of through the dreams of Daniel, Nebuchadnezzar, and Joseph. He can speak to us in any way He wants. Yes, I have had God speak to me in this manner and praise God; He is sending help for this lost person. “Be still” God says and know that I am God!
Blessings!
By John R

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
I am praying for you John. Yes, I do believe God speaks to us in our dreams. When I had to flee for my life from the enemy of Domestic Violence, God sovereignly brought me to Hawaii. It was in the beautiful state of Hawaii where I began to heal. When I first arrived, I was in shock and very discouraged. I had to leave everything behind, just to live! I was ready to give up...It was around this time, God gave me two dreams. With both dreams, two Angels came to me. In the first dream, they took my face in their hand and turned it to look at the sun, (SON). They would not let go and said all night long these words; "Don't you give up on your God! Your God is going to come through for you!" The next dream came one week later. It was the same, except the words were different. The Angels said this time; "Don't you dare give up on your God! Your God will come through for you! Expect your God to come through for you! Anticipate your God to come through for you!" After both dreams, my heart was encouraged once again! I have learned to dare to believe Him in spite of Shattered Dreams!
By Judy B

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
Yes God speaks through dreams. He has EVERY PART of our being. Not just he 1/3 that we are awake. 1/3 of the Bible refers or reflects dreams. Dreams do not steer our ship, but they certainly are used to help guide us into our destiny and calling and purpose. www.amycoello.com I wrote a book called Dreams: A Window Into Your Destiny. Also you can hear my radio show every Tuesday night on Journey Into Dreams. We go through every scripture in the bible referring to dreams. Hope this helps.
By Amy C

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
Yes God does talk to us in dreams. Mary, Joseph, and so many others in the Bible had God talk to them while they were asleep. There is no indication that it has never stopped.
By Steve F

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
Hi John, do you have a spiritual covering? My first advice would be good to him/her. From the little that I have read; Yes God talks to us through dreams. Sometimes these dreams are strategies that HE gives us to deal with certain situations, but we need to seek the Holy Spirit for understanding. Please in box me if you would like more help.
By Josefina N

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
Yes John. This is Biblical and God has used dreams to talk to and instruct me before. I found out this weekend that He is also using dreams to help my daughter (18) in understanding His word and dealing with some situations. I have not been in exactly your situation but it sounds like God is directing you and the situation. This person is worth saving and only Christ can do that. You are His obedient servant. Just keep your eyes on what God is doing and project Christ as the Spirit leads you. God is always victorious and you will be His partner in this victory. May He strengthen you and your family throughout this ministration? You will be in our prayers.
By Debbie S

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
Hang in there John--your life is being used as a living testimony and you're doing great. Keep sharing with us how things are going.
By Barbara P

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
Yes, it does happen to others. The most prominent dream that God has spoken to me thus far actually took 2 years to go from start to finish. I know that sounds crazy but it's true. In the dreams I was pregnant and each night for 2 years the dream continued from where it had left off. It was as if someone has just pushed the pause button when I woke up and un-paused it when I laid down. In each dream I was further along in the pregnancy until the last dream where I actually gave birth. In that last dream the doctors told me that I had given birth to boy girl twins. They both needed "stuff" from me but if I didn't give the girl what she needed she would still live and survive. However the boy had a problem with his heart and if I didn't give him what he needed he would die. In the dream I told the doctors to take from me whatever he needed to live.
When I woke up I knew God was trying to change both my heart and my husband’s heart. We had decided that there would be no other children in the house. (We had 4)... Because of this dream we told God that if he wanted the two of us to have another child in the family then we would accept his will. 9 months later my great nephew who is now my son was placed in my arms. When he was 2 years old we found out he had a severe heart condition. If he had stayed with his birth mother he'd be dead.
So, yes, God can and does speak to us through dreams.
By Patrica T
Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
Yes it is and I believe it's because He knows what we know that these are the best times to talk to us because it's the only time we have for anything or it's just His way to do of making sure we pay attention to His voice which ever I know that He can always reach me at that time. Funny how life works with God!
By Rev. Samuel M, OMS

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
Wonderful testimony God s Good all the days..
The breaker is come up before them: they have broken up, and have passed through the gate, and are gone out by it: and their king shall pass before them and the LORD on the head of them. Micah 2; 13
The lord is King He has get front of you for opening the door
Gilgaljames
www.ycgm.org.in
By Gilgal J

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
Interesting how God's voice is often clearer in the middle of the night and/or in the midst of a trail, huh?
Here's a link to one of my blog posts about my dreams. http://standinginfaithministries.com/2012/03/29/a-scary-dream/
By Barbara P

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
Thanks John and sorry Barbara but I sometimes put { } where I should not and my fingers are to big for the keys so thanks for the help and thank you. Ya know it's interesting that I never started writhing anything until after my first sermon and the death of my younger brother in 1999 whom was very close to me. Brother Chuck {past in 1999} left to right my brother Tom {still with us} my mother Meredith {past in 2007} my sister Linda {still with us} my brother Larry {past in 2010} my Dad Joe {pasted in 2000) now you have it I still have 1 Sister and 1 Brother left to see and visit and they are wonderful to visit I also have other family all over but for some reason or another don't see as much. and all of this led me to be inspired {of all things} to wright some poems 3 or 4 so far and I am working on a few more and the first one was "I'm Going Home" the second was http://thegospelexpress.blogspot.com/2011/05/us-in-jesus.html and the third was "Jesus" and every time I was woke up and 2 or 3 AM and wrote them and just started a blog and you know the rest what is funny I going under Cancer treatment at the time {thanks to God I'm free of it} http://thegospelexpress.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-greatest-gift.html but it's interesting how we get started do what and I believe that God come to me in my dreams and inspired me to write them
By Rev. Samuel M, OMS

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
Hi John, I'm very familiar with this. There is a dream interpreter that I use who is very trusted among Christian leaders in the industry. Her name is Barbie Breathitt. www.myonar.com Hope this helps.
By Christy L P

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
Thanks John. That worked, and it is a beautiful poem.
By Barbara P

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
Rev Samuel, I tried to follow your link but got a message that said "link error" so if you can fix it I'd like to see your poem--or just copy it here if you'd like.
Thomas, your comment that you can't remember your dreams is a very common one, right along with "I don't dream." In fact, when I teach dream interpretation those are usually the first things most people say. But, we all do dream and can remember a lot more of them if we train ourselves to write them down immediately when we awake. Even the most active dreamers often forget unless it's written down. But you also bring up another great point, and that's the Spirit to spirit communication that happens when we are asleep, as illustrated by the peace you feel when you wake up.
I used to wonder why God designed us to need sleep. It just seemed like such a waste of time when I'd think of all the things I could've accomplished or how many years I would sleep over the course of my life, but I finally understood that while I'm asleep the way is wide open for the Spirit to speak into my life.
By Barbara P

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
Being an old "geezer," I cannot remember many of my dreams (if at all), but can only acknowledge the strong and distinct possibility of the sub-conscious receiving messages in ways that are perhaps unimaginable to the human mind (yes, we still have the ability to listen even during sleep). Many times however, I awake to a very peaceful feeling with emotions and thoughts that in my mind were not of my own doing, nor of my own will.
By Thomas S

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
Amen Barbara we as humans find ourselves not realizing that we make the changes to our relationship with God. I have also found that time is the only constant that never changes and who created time the same God whom created us so in point God never changes. As I truly believe also that God speaks to us in many ways and dreams are in that list most assuredly. I figure {in my case} God gets my attention best during a nap or sleep cause all other times I'm tied up with just helping and living. I give this as proof of it, at 3 AM one morning a while back I was woke up {I believe was God} and write a poem and put it on my blog as inspired by God you may read this poem here { http://thegospelexpress.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-going-home.html} and on several other time and the poems are on the blog Please don't discount the intentions of God and trust me you will know when it's not that I believe so John {name sake of the one who baptized Jesus} you are doing great and trust me you will know when it's not God talking to you.
By Rev. Samuel M, OMS

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
In answer to the question Can God speak to us through our dreams... I say yes
By Linda S

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
While I have not personally experienced God speaking to me through dreams I know of others who have (He speaks to me other ways however). I don't doubt that God does speak to us this way. However we need to seek wise counsel and properly vet the situation. Verify, appraise it, etc... #1 of course is that whatever you think God is speaking it must be consistent with His Word. I hope that helps. I could possibly put you in touch with someone whose opinion I highly value if you'd like more info.
By Stephen W

Discussion: Can GOD speak to us through our dreams?
I think you may find many who say He stopped speaking through dreams, BUT I'm definitely not one of them. Our God is never changing so why would he stop what was obviously a common form of communication with his people in both Old and New Testaments?
I've had many very significant dreams, both personal and large scale. In one He told me about the coming Indonesian Tsunami but I didn't understand it until after-the-fact when it became apparent He had shared details with me right down what the world media response would be. In more personal dreams He has provided both comfort and direction, with instructions about how to proceed with treatment when I had breast cancer being one and a dream confirming to me that the cancer was completely gone another.
By Barbara P

No comments:

Post a Comment