Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Chapter 20 - Please help!

MY QUESTION:
Please help!

Daisy and I are waiting on GOD, but it is now down to food and a safe place to park the mini-van. Does anyone know of a job out there that is open? I was a President of Software Companies, but I will wash dishes to feed the two of us! I apologize for this request, but we are at the end of our rope. Apparently, the books are too expensive! No one wants to buy one. 
Please feed us, the local churches have other agendas! OMG, I am now begging for help. What has happened to me?
Please help!



Discussion: Please help!
So good to hear you're OK John. Let us know if we can help. Your ongoing faith under fire continues to be an inspiration to many!!!!!
Posted by Barbara P

Discussion: Please help!
John, you are still in my prayers and I'm wondering how you are doing.
Posted by Sean M. W

Discussion: Please help!
Not sure if you got a message from me just now - something happened and my note to you went blank. John - hang onto God - I know what you are going through - I have been unemployed for 7 years and we have used up all our resources from a lifetime of work, but God. Somehow God has supplied everything we have needed and He will bring this season to an end. Be strong and full of courage - stay close to God no matter what.
Sincerely, Garry

Discussion: Please help!
John, I pray for you and your family! Hold on and trust in God. There is a plan and a way out. I don't want to pitch anything to you but take a look at this and let me know if you are interested! http://unlimitedwealthinvestorsnetwork.com/july-workshop/ Chris Martinez 916-869-6898
Posted by Christopher M

Discussion: Please help!
Brother John, hang in there. I've been there, lost everything. Hang in there because there is another side. God is with you. He will see you and your beloved through this. I will be praying for you. - Your brother in Christ, Johnny.
Posted by Johnny R

Discussion: Please help!
I'm praying for you.
Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Posted by Kerryn F

Discussion: Please help!
I'm sorry, but I must have missed the info on your book and I don't see it on your profile. Can you share again?
Posted by Jacquelyn L

Discussion: Please help!
I understand, John. I've been there...more recently than I like to think about. It will be ok. God has you. Strengthen your faith in Him. What helped me was to keep reminding myself that God made a promise to take care of me. He ALWAYS keeps his promises. While you're waiting, distract your mind from your troubles by daily (or hourly if you need to) counting your blessings. I know that it can be hard to find them; but, there are things for which to be thankful.
Keep looking for churches that will help. God may be using this to lead you to the church family that you need and that needs you. Don't be too proud to check into public assistance programs too. This is why there are there...to help people in your situation.
The book is a little on the expensive side. Do you have any control over the price? While it can be overwhelming to think about all the things outside of your control, take a moment to create some inner calm (Psalms 46:10). Try to think in terms of what you can do. So...what can you do? If the people around you can't help directly, can they point you in the direction of someone or some organization that they think can help? Is there a Salvation Army store somewhere near you? Can they point in a direction? Many times, at the social services offices, there are pamphlets and brochures from local charities that offer assistance. Check with them.
Most of all, though, just keep the faith that you WILL get through this. There is a way through. That is another promise that God made. He will always provide a way. You CAN find it. I'll be praying for you.
Posted by Roanen B

Discussion: Please help!
Wow, no matter the circumstances, if you truly are waiting on God, then perhaps you should not be using His Name in vain which is the 3rd commandment. His Name is to be honored and glorified.
Posted by Steve M

Discussion: Please help!
Thank you Brenna...
And John, You don't have to apologize... and if I am reading correctly you have access to a local church... are they or the church able to help you with job searching? You can e-mail us here with information about your books and how to purchase .I don't think I have linked in connections from Georgia (What part of Georgia are you located)? Are there family /friends in that area that could help you find a job? I have been in a situation...almost as what I have just read... God will provide and show up...keep expecting. As hard as it seems/looks God is FAITHFUL .Our Savior is right there, right near you and understands, feels... He will bring you out....
Nothing has happened to you... except you are being tried...tested and YOU know that Victory is already yours. Yes, I can type encouragement to you... but understand... I understand what you are going through... same situation but a different story, same story, but different situation. I pray peace, God’s peace over you, and for God to supply all of your need.
Posted by Kimberly V. P

Discussion: Please help!
I don't know what to say...Sending a prayer up for you.
Posted by Bernice V

Discussion: Please help!
And Lord bless John as he goes up the road to see about this job. Grant him favor, safety and a full belly. Amen
Posted by Cinthia P

Discussion: Please help!
John, the LORD brings you to my mind frequently and I continue to pray for you.
For any of our members who aren't familiar with John, he is a frequent contributor to this and other Christian discussion groups, and his faithfulness has been a major blessing to many. He's only been a Christian for a year or so, but his testimony of continuing to keep his eyes on Jesus in the midst of his desperate struggle to survive is incredible. This man is our brother and I encourage everyone to ask the LORD how you can bless him, whether it is prayer, job leads, purchase of his books, gifts or whatever way God leads. Please check out his profile and his blog and see if you know anyone who can help him find a job.
Posted by Barbara P

Discussion: Please help!
You have my prayers brother!
Posted by Sean M. Wheeler

Discussion: Please help!
Good Morning John, My heart goes out to you and Daisy and I will pray that God reveals Himself to you in a big way. As much as I appreciate your patience in waiting on God, sometimes we, as His children need to accept "stop-gap" measure while His perfect plan is revealed to us. I have no idea really of your situation and have not kept up on previous posts of yours - this one caught me, but don't despise the opportunity to fix coffee at a Dunkin Donuts or flip burgers at a BK. He will be faithful to you! I leave you with the words I heard in Bible school and I have taught and preached them ever since (imagine this in a rather loud Texan drawl), "The Natural combined with the Supernatural creates an Explosive Force for God".
Posted by Brenna E


No comments:

Post a Comment